Translate

Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hey, so I've been working at camp the past few weeks, so I've not been able to post.  I've decided to make to write the posts and put them up in the following weeks, starting now.

Some of you may know, I find a lot of my inspiration in nature and God's creation, and this post came from that source.  It is a general rule in nature that when something is disturbed, it grows back stronger, whether it be plants being pruned or muscle fibers tearing and rebuilding.  Another, simpler way to describe this phenomena is "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".  I don't really want to get into why bad things happen or whether God causes bad things to happen, but I do say that when bad things do happen in our lives, we have been given an opportunity to grow spiritually and make positive steps on our walk with Christ.

Reactions to bad things in our lives vary, from blaming somebody else to breaking down, but instead I urge you to look for the ways God is talking to you and find the ways in which God wants you to grow.  I myself have had two brain surgeries and several seizures, but that has led me to a stronger faith in God, a desire to be a pastor and a need to start this blog.  Everyday we have an opportunity to grow, move sideways, stop or move backwards.  I admit that there have been many days where I have made no progress or moved backwards, but since I have started this blog and have begun to actively look for God, those days have become fewer and far between.

This then is my encouragement, look for God daily in the good and the bad and do not be pushed back by the deterrents we all face.

No comments:

Post a Comment